Photobucket
Cassette Kid

Monday, August 9, 2010
Posted by: Elissa
Time: 1:56 AM
Comments: 1
I'v met someone who makes me feel sea sick.
They say never judge a book by its cover, but what about never judge a band by its name?
The Wombats, sounds like a pretty good name for an Aussie band eh? So ofcourse coming from Australia myself I thought It was ridiculously hilarious that an Eglish band was named after an Aussie animal.



So after months and month and months of laughing at the name of this band I finally decided to actually check out this bands music.




The best way I can describe The Wombats is a cross between Vampire Weekend and the Arctic Monkeys. The Wombats have catchy almost "smart ass" lyrics that are quite clever.




The wombats first and only album (so far) is "The wombats proudly present: A guide to love, loss and desperation" that was released in 2007. As I have experienced first hand thease songs make you get up and dance and sing on the second listen to the album. Be warned some song (especialy kill the director and lets dance to joy division are really catchy).



So why not give this Indie pop band a listen?
Enjoy the video for "Lets dance to joy division".



Elissa
xoxx

Labels: , , ,


1 Comments:

By Blogger Sheray, at August 15, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Elissa
19
Australia
Worshiper of Music, Lover of Scene. My looks may be deceiving but your music doesn't scare me.


Follow Cassette Kid
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Screen resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
Established since: DD Month YYYY
Host: Blogger
Layout: Indie Devotee
Done by: Victoria